This is IDPH/ANSI-approved and takes approximately 2 hours to complete. Upon completion of the course/exam, a certificate is printed for the employer and a card for the employee.
DO NOT buy the Food Handler Training Course if you hold a valid IDPH Food Service Sanitation Manager Certificate.
Available in English and Spanish
- Lesson 1: The Need For Food Safety Training
- Lesson 2: Foodborne Illness: An Overview
- Lesson 3: Biological Food Contamination
- Lesson 4: Cross-Contamination and Food Allergies
- Lesson 5: Chemical and Physical Contamination
- Lesson 6: Hygiene, Health, and Food Safety
- Lesson 7: Purchasing and Receiving Foods
- Lesson 8: Storing Food and Supplies
- Lesson 9: Preparing, Cooking, and Serving Food
- Lesson 10: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 11: Examination
- Register for the course online.
- Take the course.
- Print off certificate and handler card.
- Give employer certificate.
- Windows versions 7, 8, XP, 2000 or Vista
- Android versions 4.1 or older
- Nook Color or HD
- iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox 2, Safari, Chrome
- 512 MB Memory
- Flash Player version 9 (Flash will update itself if necessary)
- Multimedia support (speakers or headphones)
- DSL, Cable, Wireless or any other broadband connection (2Mbps or higher)
- iPad/iPhone devices require using a Flash supported browser such as Puffin Web Browser