You will see and hear live action videos, be engaged with real graphics, illustrations and animation, and learn through fun, interactive games that continually reinforce your understanding of food safety.
Course is available in English and Spanish.
- Lesson 1: The Need for Food Safe Training and Certification
- Lesson 2: Causes of Foodborne Illness
- Lesson 3: Biological Contamination
- Lesson 4: Foodborne Illness
- Lesson 5: Chemical and Physical Contamination
- Lesson 6: Employee Health and Hygiene
- Lesson 7: Purchasing and Receiving
- Lesson 8: Storing Foods
- Lesson 9: Preparing, Cooking, and Serving Food
- Lesson 10: Equipment and Utensils
- Lesson 11: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 12: Pest Control
- Lesson 13: Facilities
- Lesson 14: Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and facilities self-inspection
- Lesson 15: Sample Examination
All the knowledge needed to pass any of the IDPH certification exams is provided.
- Register for the course online.
- Within 24 hours the instructor will send an email that requires a reply to confirm email connection has been made.
- Within 24 hours of your reply access to Certification Course will be emailed.
- After completing the course, email Course Completion Certificate to instructor.
- Directions will be emailed for scheduling and taking ANSI-approved Certification Exam.
- Email Exam Score Report to instructor for final directions.
Operating systems and devices
- Windows versions 7, 8, XP, 2000 or Vista
- Android versions 4.1 or older
- Nook Color or HD
- iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox 2, Safari, Chrome
- 512 MB Memory
- Flash Player version 9 (Flash will update itself if necessary)
- Multimedia support (speakers or headphones)
- DSL, Cable, Wireless, or any other Broadband connection (2Mbps or higher)
- iPad/iPhone devices require using a Flash supported browser, such as Puffin Web Browser