You will see and hear live action videos, be engaged with real graphics, illustrations and animation, and learn through fun, interactive games that continually reinforce your understanding of food safety.
Course is available in English, Spanish, and Chinese Simplified.
- Lesson 1: The Need for Food Safety Training
- Lesson 2: Foodborne Illness: An Overview
- Lesson 3: Foodborne Illnesses and Allergies
- Lesson 4: Personal Hygiene
- Lesson 5: Keeping Food Safe
- Lesson 6: Purchasing and Receiving Foods
- Lesson 7: Storing Food
- Lesson 8: Thawing, Preparing, Cooking, Cooling, Reheating
- Lesson 9: Serving Food Safely
- Lesson 10: Equipment and Utensils
- Lesson 11: Facilities and Equipment
- Lesson 12: Cleaning and Sanitizing
- Lesson 13: Pest Control
- Lesson 14: Management Control and HACCP Systems
- Lesson 15: Practice Examination
All the knowledge needed to pass any of the ANSI/IDPH certification exams is provided.
- Register for the course online.
- Reply to instructor sent email to confirm email connection has been made.
- Access to course will be emailed.
- Email Course Completion Certificate to instructor.
- Scheduling and take ANSI-approved Certification Exam.
- Post national exam certificate in work place.
Operating systems and devices
- Windows versions 7, 8, 10, XP, 2000 or Vista
- Android versions 4.1 or older
- Nook Color or HD
- iOS (iPad/iPhone) or Mac OSX 10.5 or higher
- Internet Explorer 6.0, Firefox 2, Safari, Chrome, Microsoft Edge
- 512 MB Memory
- Flash Player version 9
- Multimedia support (speakers or headphones)
- DSL, Cable, Wireless, or any other Broadband connection (2Mbps or higher)
- iPad/iPhone devices require using a Flash supported browser, such as Puffin Web Browser